Wednesday 30 January 2013

OH VALENTINE


the heart has reasons that reason does not understand

WOWZA, it's February 1st on Friday!?  The love month came out of nowhere!  Are you ready?  Don't let it just be another day.
If you filter through all the pink confetti, doilies, sugary crap chocolate, ridiculous stuffed bears with "I love you" embroidered on them, over-priced red roses and restaurants packed to the hilt, you can survive Valentine's Day and perhaps find a little magic in it.
All aboard the love train everyone.

VALENTINE IDEAS FOR KIDS - FREE TEMPLATES!

Valentine Kisses:
Click here for the templates and instructions.  You can buy the small 3/4" round stickers from Avery.  Sooo cute - I did this once for a corporate party.





Valentine Pencils:
Click here for the templates and instructions.

Homemade pencil valentines idea with printable



Valentine Lollipop Flowers from Pottery Barn Kids:
Click here for instructions.




Valentine Crayon Hearts:
Click here for instructions.




VALENTINE BAKING:

Cookies:
I know I really have to branch out from owls, but these are so great!  I would never be able to make them (although I do have the same granite counter top), but the creative design from Baking Blue deserves a shout out.  Don't worry - she provides step by step instructions here.



Cupcakes:
My girls only ever seem to want me to make cupcakes, so maybe this valentine's day I will take it up a notch and make these red velvet ones.  A ton of red food coloring never hurt anyone... right?



THE POWER OF WORDS:

As a stationery designer, I am in love with typography and all things fontly - here are some of my "Valentine" appropriate favorites:
You're My Favorite Work of Art - 8 x 10 Typographic Art Printpeaceofshell:

amagicalplacetobe:

   For scrumtrulescent and thepaisleyelf.

to bfm ~ ♥♥♥




FLAUNT CARDS:

Flaunt hit it big with both Paper Source (Bee Mine) and Anthropologie (Hey Foxy) this Valentine's.  We have oodles more like "pinch me valentine" and "have a dino-mite valentine's day" at www.flauntshop.com

"Pinch Me Valentine"  Orange Crab

"Have a Dino-mite Valentine's Day"  Red Dinosaur


Hugs and Kisses!
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment